ADVANCE COURSE IN DONOR MANAGEMENT
Advance Course in Donor Management (ACDM) workshop is an advanced training conducted for health personnel working in hospitals. It aims to improve the skills of health personnel related to the management of organ donors until the organ procurement process is completed. This workshop will be implemented based on theoretical and practical structured training components.
OBJECTIVES OF THE WORKSHOP
- Improve basic knowledge related to organ donation and transplantation.
- Clarifying all myths and misunderstandings related to organ donation.
- Increase awareness related to the importance of organ donation.
- Train KKM staff to deliver basic information related to organ donation to the public.
The workshop is held for three (3) days and two (2) nights physically.
The participants consisted of health personnel who had attended the Malaysian Grief Response and Organ Donation Awareness (MyGRODA) Workshop. Priority is given to the staff of the Hospital Organ Procurement Unit (UPOH) and the Organ and Tissue Procurement Team (TOP).
- Family approach
- Donor maintenance
- Donor management
- Medicolegal case management
- Logistics arrangements
- Post-donation care